Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 15 December 2022

Cold.

Still bitterly cold and though less there's still snow on the hills.
I feel I'm showing my age by not wanting to go out at night. I'm just not used to driving in the dark anymore especially to somewhere unfamiliar and last night the threat of ice made it even more stressful. I had no intention of going along the coast road which although it is just wide enough for two cars to pass is full of blind bends and some steep hills. Not to mention the hairpin bend after which the ground drops from the outer edge of the road. That left going on the road that had only just re-opened after a water main burst. Going through that village I noticed there was a lot of water on the road which got me worrying about ice on the way home. Sure enough after choir we were well into freezing temperatures. So to be safe I drove on past the turn-off for home sticking to the roads that I knew would be dry and ice-free. But as that must have doubled the distance tonight I'll take the more direct route.
Speedy after half an hour outside.
Our Welsh tutor is still unwell so no class again today but she is going to send us work to do at home. Instead I found plenty of cleaning jobs to do and I've still got to run through the carols for tonight. 
The practice last night was fun if cold and better with more people. At one point the four of us tenors came to a complete standstill which was quite funny. I didn't have the words for the last verse on my music score (they were on the songsheets) and wondered what was going on. Two tenors got a bit lost and stopped too and the fourth was new and had been following the rest of us. So that was all of us out. One good thing is that singing the Welsh verses is really improving my Welsh phonics. As a rule of thumb Y becomes Uh, U becomes Ee and W becomes Oo. But not all of the time, sometimes it's different. 
I doubt if we'll have snow for Christmas but I better wrap up well tonight as we're singing in Tesco's foyer. It has outside doors on both sides so it will be like singing outside. I've found some thermal leggings to wear under my jeans and if that's not enough tomorrow I'll wear my fleecy leisurewear bottoms, black with big white stars.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm not crazy about going out and driving at night either!!!