Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 December 2022

Chilly.

Dry today, chilly in the shade but better in the sun.


This morning I went down to the hall again, this time for a local charities Christmas Fair. Everything from the Lifeboats and the football club to the Community Gardens and the Youth Club. Some of the stalls had bric a bac, others had small handmade gifts or cakes and of course there were the usual raffles and tombolas. It's a good way to have some fun while supporting the local charities and organisations. I tried to spend some money at as many tables as possible which is my excuse for buying some yummy cakes. I won things too including a bottle of mulled wine (I don't really drink but Peter has a plan for taking a flask of hot mulled wine out on a row near Christmas), some useful tubes of hand cream and a packet of cabbage seeds (not so sure about those). Who knows I may even be lucky in the raffle for a hamper full of delicious goodies?
Amongst the bric a bac I found this heavy silver robin on a pine cone and a blue bauble. They've been added to the minimal decorations on the shelves. Just a little bit of sparkle but not too much.
While I was at the fair Peter went into town and returned with stamps so I was able to send off the last of my UK cards. It's early but with more postal strikes planned the post may be delayed even more. I fully support the postal workers as they have been treated apallingly by the bosses ever since the postal service was privatised.
Later I had a long session practising the tenor parts for all those Christmas carols. It's handy having a piano here as there isn't much time to learn them all in choir.
A few more photos from yesterday-

Another lake in the distance on the left and a glimpse of the sea on the right.

There are plenty of level tracks to explore the next time or we could try the bike and sheep trails.




 

No comments: