Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 December 2022

Grey.

It has been a day of unremittingly boring greyness. On the plus side the wind has been blowing from the south and feels relatively warm.
I didn't get a good night's sleep last night so I haven't done much today. I spent the afternoon knitting, then decided that I didn't like the second colour and also that the mitten was going to be too big so I undid the whole thing. I've started again with less stitches and am now going for a simple rib rather than the seed stitch of the Hobbit pattern. I guess I'll just freestyle it from now on.
Speedy spent the night out, was waiting at the door in the morning and went straight to sleep without eating his breakfast. He probably found somebody's Christmas leftovers. He slept all day and when he came to join me on the sofa I noticed his ear and head was all crusted up with something. After cleaning it with a baby wipe I could see it was dry blood from a scratch on his ear. He'll live.
 

No comments: