Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 September 2010

Fireworks.

The weather has been lovely again today, I know because I kept walking across a sunny playground on my frequent trips between my classroom (a hut) and the staffroom ( another hut). By the time I get home our valley is in shadow so I'm not tempted to do any work in the garden but get stuck into my school work straight away. We had a staff meeting this evening to share ideas for our next topic - India. I've been doing some mad late night shopping on eBay and may well turn up at school in a shalwar kamiz. That'll be a laugh. Barnstaple has hardly any people from other cultures living here so it will all be new to the children. I think the highest minority ethnic group in this area is probably the Lithuanians and Poles (recent temporary economic migrants) and there are no more than a handful of non-white children in any of the schools. A little different to the boys' school when we lived in London where the balance was the other way. So at least they weren't brought up in a total monoculture at that formative age. As promised a few more shots from Saturday's fireworks. This view is from the Leisure centre/Fairground side of the river looking across to Ladies' Mile and the old town buildings.
And some of the fireworks. I wanted to see what effect I would get with stills rather than simply shooting a little video.


Nothing terribly special but the background makes up for it.

And finally the diet. Even 1 lb lost is a victory at this stage so I'm happy but I really hope I don't have to print off another page to fill in.


No comments: