Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Good Morning.

The sky was looking good as I went up the drive this morning on my way to work so I stopped and took a few photos. It's good to start the day with a lovely view even if it is only through the car windows.
It seems to be the season for repair men. Yesterday at school it was the door person to fix my classroom door and an IT man to attempt (unsuccessfully) to get my classroom printer working. Today there was a more senior IT man who still failed to link my children's pcs with the classroom printer. It all seems to be down to a massive print job from last term - so not me - that can't be deleted or cleared. The caretaker was also attempting to fix (again unsuccessfully) the heater in my room which he wanted to turn on for a bit to chase away the morning chill. At home yet more repair men. This week a plumber has replaced several rusted out radiators and flushed through the central heating. He'll be back on Friday to check everything and put back some boards. We've also had a builder in to organise some repairs on the outside guttering. And Peter's Rav had some minor repairs and a service. It's a good thing that I'm working full time so that we can get all this basic maintenance done before winter.

2 comments:

Elora said...

Beautiful morning photos, Ruta! Love the silver lining of the clouds.

Sounds like you've got things under control. Glad you haven't felt as tired.

Congrats on your diet! Wow! I finally made it over the hump and bashed through 120 pounds. Am down to 117. Help me figure the equivalent in "stone." I haven't a clue!!

Elora

Ruta M. said...

14 lbs to 1 stone makes you a miniscule 8stone 5lbs Wow! Is that the infamous size zero? You could be strutting your stuff in Hollywood if that was your wish.