Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 September 2010

Friday At Last.

It wasn't a bad day at school today. I'm feeling more in control and the children (most of them) have settled in really well. The noise level was getting to be a bit of a problem with the 2 more able groups who are expected to work independently. At lunchtime I made a couple of double sided notices to hang on the wall by each of those groups. One side said "We are working quietly." and the other side had "Oh Dear. We have forgotten to work quietly." and a sad smiley. I explained to the children that if their sign stayed with the quiet side showing for the whole of the time they were supposed to be working they would all be able to move their cars along the road (our class reward chart), but if even one child had to be asked to quieten down they would have to turn the sign over and no-one could move their cars. I was on my own with the class in the afternoon and it was so peaceful. All I could hear from the 2 groups were shushes as all the children got on with finishing off and improving work from the week. Unfortunately one lad who does have a very loud voice got over-exuberant and caused his group's sign to be turned over. I thought the rest of his group were going to lynch him for that! A trip to the doctor after work which was a waste of time as the doctor I saw, to ask for a referral for a second opinion about my surgery, said I would have to talk this through with my regular doctor when she comes back from holiday. So that's another 2 weeks until there is an evening appointment available. I was also not impressed by finding that there is no longer a receptionist, just a help desk. you have to sign yourself in on a computer screen. How long before all we do is put our symptoms into a computer which then churns out a prescription? After this fruitless visit I called in at Lidll's and finally bought a packet of those vegetable crisps simply because they intrigue me. Also bought some fresh figs which were on special offer and had those for my supper plus some home-made wholemeal bread.

No comments: