Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

24C

The Indian summer continues. At lunchtime the garden thermometer read 24C which is hot, hot, hot for here at any time of the year. A good breeze made the day perfect so at school we made sure that the children had a nice long playtime. Once again we are advising the children to wear sunhats and I set a comical example in my battered canvas sunhat. The man from Sky came this morning to fix our satellite box (which was working again anyway) and said that he had heard several people saying that we are due for dreadful weather (snow!) in October and a really cold winter. Heating is expensive so it will be time to layer up first with all my fluffy tops, joggers, dressing gowns etc. Today at least I rushed home to change into shorts to take advantage of the sun and sat outside polishing brass door handles. A lot of the garden was in shade but the sunny patches were like being at the beach. In some places that had been in shade all day the plants and the ground were still soaking wet.
This morning at last I was able to start painting the downstairs woodwork. It is so satisfying to see the yellowing paintwork transforming into sparkling bright white. It took quite a while especially when some of the door frames are so elaborate. You wouldn't think so to look at them but I counted 13 faces on the frame of the bathroom door. Hopefully I'll get the first coat done on all of them tomorrow, then fill in any gaps that are still glaringly obvious and then I can paint a final coat and put all the door handles back.

As I stood outside admiring the butterflies, several landed in my hair and then this butterfly sat on my t-shirt. Luckily I was holding my camera and was able to get several clear pictures before it eventually flew off.



1 comment:

loreun jeny said...

ASCS (All Seasons Cleaning Solutions) promises you genuine feelings of serenity that your residential and business contract cleaning administrations will be completed to a to a great degree high caliber. Here are different alternatives for the household cleaning, contract cleaning, business cleaning, commercial carpet cleaning devon, office cleaning, house keeping, business cleaning, regular cleaning and cover cleaning.