Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 September 2011

Low Clouds.

This morning I carried on and just about completed sorting through all my boxes of school 'stuff'. I never know what age group I'm going to be teaching next so I have a tendency to keep lots of 'stuff' just in case. Now at least all my folders are in 2 boxes and only a few things left over that need to be found homes. I filled my car with bags for the dump (nearly all the old plasterboard has been got rid of bit by bit) and my plan was to drop in at Tescos for some essentials then go onto Morthoe for a walk. The weather had been a bit variable but warm and by the time I came out of Tescos the clouds were down to ground level and it was raining gently. As I was already halfway to Morthoe I thought I'd see what things were like there and indeed it was only a little wet. I wasn't really prepared for wet weather but I did have a light mac so I put that on and headed out. Going down from the well the clouds were suspiciously low and being blown in from the sea. As it was still quite warm I bravely carried on.

And then the clouds lifted and it was dry once more.

There are several of these flights of steps on this part of the coastline and I use them for gauging how fit I am. When we first started walking this year I would be puffing a bit by the time I got to the top of these ones but now I can usually manage a conversation while keeping up a steady pace. Needless to say Vytas and Romas always run up all the steps.



Another refurbished path, presumably by last week's working party.





But then the clouds started rolling in again. I got round as far as the mown (lighter) area and then decided to call it a day as I was rather wet. I spotted a seal in the gully at that point. They have their pups in October so I wonder if she is going to have her pup on the little beach at the bottom of the cliff. I shall keep a look out for her whenever we walk out that way.
While sorting things out in the kitchen I was watching daytime tv and was watching Homes Under The Hammer (a sale and refurbishment property program), when I recognised the street the presenter was standing on. It was my mum's old street which is made up of identical terraced houses. The property being featured was a 1 bedroomed flat and although it was the mirror image of my mum's house all the original features such as the banisters, were identical. It was most odd to see the outside of the house with the fancy wood and stonework of the front porch as it was my job to clean our windows and the porch. I lived in our house for 10 years so the program brought back many memories.

No comments: