Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 16 September 2011

Technology Failure.

The weather has been quite pleasant today despite the gloomy forecast. I spent the morning in town having a coffee with a friend and doing a little shopping. I wonder if Primark have some special knowledge about the forthcoming winter as they are stocking not only warm flannel pjs but even warmer fleece ones. I couldn't resist a pair of extra fluffy fleece pjs (pink & black) as there is nothing nicer than slopping about in pjs and dressing gown (the fluffier the better) on chilly evenings. They also have fleece all in ones for men and women. Novelty items I would have thought especially the tiger suits.
My only other purchase was an extra large mug for Peter from a charity shop. I was a bit taken aback by the price sticker saying £4.50 and when I queried it they said it was must have been a mistake and sold it to me for £1.


TV has been on my mind today or rather televisions. We like to spend a lot of time at home and do enjoy relaxing and watching TV. I watch more than Peter but there are some programmes we try not to miss such as Casualty/Holby City and Strictly or Dancing on Ice. The new BBC dinosaur programme was also excellent. We do also read and listen to the radio and of course there is the Internet (too slow for downloading TV). Radio reception is poor here and once the radio is on R4 it is wise not to change it. This is with the analogue signal which is due to be switched off in a few years. When that happens we will have no radio as my fancy digital radio cannot get a signal here even though it can get one in Barnstaple. I did try writing to the powers that be asking what I was supposed to do but never got an answer. We run 2 tv systems but we are forever having trouble with the Sky satellite. This week the picture started freezing again, we lost the signal last night, got it back by tweaking things but today we only got a picture for a few minutes. I spent a long time on the phone first to Sky and then to the company that we insure the box with and they are coming to fix it on ........ Thursday. So irritating especially when the new flat screen tv is coming tomorrow and my eBay purchase of a small CRT TV for the bedroom arrived today. (£18 and that was mostly postage.) So all tv watching will have to be done in the kitchen and there is less choice on Freeview, bah.

No comments: