Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunday Stroll.

Woke up with quite a lot of twinging in my back so the jury is still out as to whether gig rowing will be for me. Maybe it was simply too much after the mowing. I'll have another go and then see what happens. It was beautifully warm today. Shh, perhaps we're having an Indian Summer. Anyway, I was glad with my choice of shorts for our stroll around Morte Point. With the bracken dying back everything looked very autumnal.
The waves looked good for surfing in the strong wind. The wind was still coming from the south and I nearly was blown into another walker when a gust caught me as we rounded the point. The walk got rid of the cobwebs and it was good to stretch our legs. Back home I finished off the day with some gardening. My first job was to sit with a cup of tea and prevent Speedy from eating butterflies by sending him to sleep with some cuddles. It was a good thing he had his eyes shut when a butterfly landed on his head. There were also quite a few dragonflies around. It looks as if one of the hens has decided to go broody. She was very free with her pecks when I lifted her off the nest only to discover zero eggs. Our 3 hens give us 1 or 2 eggs a day which is more than ample for our needs.

No comments: