Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 September 2011

The First Day Of Autumn.

On this the official first day of autumn we had the most glorious weather, typical as this is also the last day of the school holiday. I was tempted to spend the whole day outside enjoying the warmth and sun (23.5C/ 74F in the afternoon), but I got on with working in the sitting room, washing the ceiling and the the carpet as well as a little painting and hole filling and constantly filling the washing machine with the sitting room curtains which need to be hung outside to dry. All the curtains have now been washed and I have even worked my way through the mountain of ironing. To celebrate the last day of the holiday I made myself a very indulgent apple and blueberry pancake for lunch. At least the fruit was healthy and the egg and the apple were home produced.
By 4.00 I called a halt to indoor work and sat out in the garden with a cuppa. It was good to see the butterflies reappearing.


There were so many species of bee around including it seemed, a whole hive of honey bees. I have to be a little careful with bees as I started becoming more allergic to being stung and the chemist suggested that I always keep anti-histamine tablets with me.

Back to work tomorrow.

No comments: