Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 September 2011

Windy Weather.

Autumn was definitely in the air today. For most of the time up here in the hills there has been a gale blowing but every now and again the clouds would be blown away and the bright sunshine created an illusion of summer. When I went to work in the afternoon it was so hot that the children were outside playing without their sweatshirts on. I got some more carpet washing done in the morning (I'm determined to keep a regular work schedule and not waste my mornings at home), and then in the afternoon I had a relaxed time with the Year 1 children (5 year olds). I don't have any help with any of my afternoons in class so I shall be working at a relaxed pace so that I can deal with any problems that arise. We had a staff meeting after school (Yes, I still have to go to those), and the new PE timetable means that I will be doing PE on each of my 3 afternoons. I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing though with my knee and my back I do have to be careful. Coming home it was still grey and windy. Everything is still very green but there were a lot of leaves and a few small branches on the road.
In the distance it was easy to see the clouds sitting on the tops of the Exmoor hills.


So it was back in the car and head for home. On my way down our drive I had the car window open and my camera at the ready to take a picture of the buzzard that has been in the fields. As I scanned across the field a buzzard flapped off across the road from where he had been sitting on a fence post by the next field. Will I never learn?

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your photographs yesterday and today are lovely. I so enjoy going along on your walks. I wish you a good school term.