Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Gales.

The autumn gales were here in force today. However there is nothing so soothing as lying all warm and cosy in bed listening to the wind roaring through the trees and watching the branches lashing wildly. This morning it was even sweeter as I knew that I didn't have to get up and rush off to work. I did make an early start and washed the penultimate section of the carpet before going to work in the afternoon. I shall use the rest of the week to sort my school papers and stuff so that next week we can move the desks and PC for the very final corner to be done.
This afternoon with the children was fine, no staff meeting (but there will be another one tomorrow) so I was home by 4.30.


It has been a very poor summer for butterflies. We've had less sun, lower temperatures and more rain than usual so not only have the butterflies been battered by the elements but their main food sources have been late in flowering. The swallows have mainly left for Africa though there were a few stragglers swooping along the back road tonight.

1 comment:

Marrisa said...

Its very windy up north where my parents are - they are fed up of the wind. Hope you are well :)
P.S Love seeing all your pretty garden photos!