Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 29 September 2011

What A Scorcher!

The exceptional weather continues. Today was the sort of day we would have been only too happy to have in the summer. I went to work this afternoon and then had to go into town afterwards but I plan to spend most of tomorrow outside. Might as well enjoy the good weather while it is here. I checked out the rumours of cold weather in Oct and it looks as if they are well founded. Snow is even predicted for parts of the country on 22-24 Oct that's only 3 weeks away! So now I shall be rushing to finish the warm weather jobs while making sure we are fully prepared for a cold spell.
As I walked around town this evening it reminded me of the lovely warm feeling you get when you step out of a plane at the start of a Mediterranean holiday. However driving back up into the hills it soon felt chilly in the shade. In some places the road was still wet with last night's heavy dew and it was the same in the garden.


The air is very humid and as soon as the temperature dropped things (including my washing on the line) became damp again. Going to collect the washing my feet became soaked just from brushing against a few plants.



This morning's 'house' jobs included more painting and laying new underlay in the hall. Tomorrow should see the last of the current batch of painting and then when the doors are dry I can relay the carpet.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Your pictures are so petty.
We are still getting wet weather here. This summer is the wettest that I can remember.
Tomorrow we should see the sun - at least for the day. Sat when more rain is coming.