Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 September 2011

Bath Time.

The day started dry and almost sunny but by the afternoon it was raining and stayed that way for the rest of the day. Peter was rowing for most of the afternoon, (they went as far as Fremmington), and says it was dry the whole time. That's what you get for living up in the hills. I did some outside work while it was still dry including pulling up all the stinging nettles that keep stinging me when I go to pick up the windfalls. I gathered another bowl of the larger windfalls which are now drying into apple leather for some healthy snacks.Then the rain drove me inside to wash the next section of sitting room carpet. I've still got to work my way through boxes of stuff that I brought home from my year as a class teacher but the place is beginning to look so much better. Speedy was a grubby sight this morning with grey smears all over his back, face and feet. I discovered this when he came up to the bedroom to snuggle up on my soft cream bed throw. Not a chance of that! It didn't smell like oil or anything nasty, probably he had been playing in the barbecue, but there was so much I thought it best to give him a bath to get rid of the worst of it. He wasn't very keen on being placed in a few inches of warm water in the bath and then being gently rubbed with a little soapy water but it got most of the dirt off. We did have one cat who was such a well mannered cat that he never minded a bath when came home in a revolting state but Speedy would much rather NOT have been in the bath.
After his bath and a rub down his feet were still rather dirty but he was looking much better.

No comments: