Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 September 2011

A Little Wildlife.

Once again the weather has been warm and dry so after a morning spent working on the hall (my carpentry is not very good and it took me a long time to tidy up some of the paneling around the pipes), I was able to get out into the garden.We didn't have as many butterflies as usual this summer, maybe because the sedums and the buddlia were late in flowering, so it is a pleasure to see clouds of them enjoying the late flowers. Speedy continues to catch and eat the butterflies so I ended up shutting him in the house. I almost wish he would get stung by a bee or a wasp to stop him from doing it. He did do a spectacular 3ft vertical leap into the air in an attempt to catch a dragon fly but it was far too fast for him.
After some weeding I cut all the grass first moving this tiny toad to a safe place. That job done I sat and watched the clouds going across the sky. The wind is definitely a southerly wind which would explain the warm temperatures.
All in all a fairly peaceful day.

No comments: