Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 19 September 2011

Car Panic.

It has been very wet, windy and remarkably warm today. In the morning I painted a final coat of paint on Romas' bedroom door. I wonder why there were so many chips in the paint? That door and the one to the bathroom are the original wooden doors made when the house was first built, at least a hundred years ago. Tall people have to be careful as they are low doors with a step down into the room beyond. Most of the other doors in the old part of the house are a few inches lower than normal which is a hazard for tall people. When I left for work at lunchtime it was straight into the clouds with quite heavy rain.
Leaving school before 4.00 is still a pleasant surprise though as a consequence when I got to the Co-op I was too early for the real bargains and had to be content with 50% reductions. As I put my shopping in the car I noticed a metal part hanging down underneath the car. In great trepidation I drove carefully to the local garage next to the school where most of us get our cars fixed and MOTs done. Alec crawled under the car and emerged with a long piece of bendy rusty metal. He assured me that it wasn't vital to the car , that I didn't need to have it replaced and there was no charge. I would recommend A&R Motors to anyone living in Barnstaple as they don't take advantage of their customers and always do a decent job for a reasonable price. You hear far too many tales of garages where unnecessary or shoddy work is done and top prices charged.

No comments: