Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 September 2011

Warming Up

It has been very warm, humid and by the time I was on my way home, very wet. The black cloud seemed to follow me home so I gave up my plan to do a little garden work. The morning saw 2 sets of doors and frames washed, sandpapered and filled. Just the toilet door and the doors into the sitting room to prepare and then I can get stuck into the satisfying job of painting. I had the tv on in the kitchen and today's property show featured a kitchen with exactly the same wooden cupboards as are in our kitchen. They were described as 'tired' and by the end of the program had been replaced with a more modern kitchen. Apart from being a little old I don't think they look that bad. Our whole place has been looking rather battered, the result of bringing up 3 boys and having numerous pets. I haven't minded the worn farmhouse look and I wasn't going to expend energy on trying to keep the place pristine as that would only have led to rows and stress. But now we hope to sell in a few years time and I am only working part-time I can get the place to a much better standard while dreaming about a new home for the future.

No comments: