Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 September 2011

Balmy Day.

The current heatwave continues much to everyone's joy. People were reporting temperatures up to 30C in Devon. The waves are 4-6ft and clean so I expect everyone will be flocking to the beaches tomorrow. I had a little painting to finish in the morning (Speedy has acquired some racing stripes of white gloss paint on his side), and then I took myself outside for a polishing session. The door handles were put on by the previous owner so they are not anything special but they do look a lot better for a proper polish. Now that I can work my MP4 player I was able to listen to an audio book, The Hobbit, to while away the time. I also did some cutting back of the purple loosestrife. I originally grew this from seed and apart from cutting it back in autumn, it looks after itself and makes a good splash of tall colour in the late summer.
The raspberries are producing some autumn fruit which the birds don't seem to have noticed so I am able to grab a tasty handful when I go to hang washing out on the line. The gate into the chickens' run is one of the last places to catch the sun in the garden and had attracted a few sunbathing butterflies. Here's hoping this weather continues for a while yet.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh I love raspberries. Will you make jam out of them?

Ruta M. said...

It would have to be a very small pot of jam but I have lots of blackcurrants in the freezer waiting to be made into jam and I may even pick some sloes or blackberries if I can find them.