Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Mixed Weather.

That's my (paid) working week over. I stayed in school until 4.30! as I needed to type up some class lists for the 2 classes I'm teaching and also spent some time chatting to my colleagues. It was warm and sunny as I drove home, then I looked to the east - black clouds, and to the west, south and north. I thought this might be a good time to mow some of the grass as it has either been raining or just raining for a while and I haven't had a chance to keep up the mowing. As I pushed the mower along I kept trying to think of reasons why I should only cut half of the lawns today; my back was sore (a good reason I think), I would be having a 'garden day' tomorrow and ....... couldn't think of any more. On the other hand; how often was the grass dry enough, I shouldn't quit a job halfway through and if I did it now I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow. So I cut all the grass, bar a small bit by the yard because I felt a some rain and felt a great sense of satisfaction. In the morning I cleaned the 2 small windows in the sitting room of all the plaster and paint splashes though I was mystified as to how paint spots had got onto the outside of the glass. A fresh coat of white gloss paint on the sills and that's another 2 jobs I can tick off the list. The forecast is for another sunny day tomorrow but a continuation of the steady drop in temperature.
I stopped at the top of the drive to photograph the Himalayan Balsam that is making its way down the drive and out along the road. Paul drives his tractor mower right up here and makes it look like a carefully planted garden.


The boys and I enjoy popping the Himalayan Balsam seed pods which on a dry day will explode violently at the merest touch.


No comments: