Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 November 2012

Grey.

Not much change in the weather though parts of the day have been relatively dry. I was up early and working outside tidying up the path around the little pond while the rain held off.  I had planned to smooth over the holes in the walls left by the insulation people but although I had the tools all to hand I had forgotten to check if there was any filler. I'll have to pick some up next time I'm in town. 
We seem to have come through this latest spell of wet weather relatively unscathed. This morning there were about 300 flood warnings and the same number of flood alerts (just checked - warning = expected, alert = possible), over the country. A month's worth of rain due to fall in a single day on ground that is already saturated is not good news. Things should get drier and colder by the end of the week and I heard that dreaded word ICE being mentioned. With early starts on Thursday and Friday I'll have to keep a check on the forecasts. 

No comments: