Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 November 2012

Sunny.

The sun was out today so we went down to Barricane for a stroll along the beach. When we got there the tide was in so we didn't do a lot of walking, more pottering about. At this time of year the beach was almost empty apart from one family who had left their belongings on the sand and were off rock scrambling. Peter and I amused ourselves by attempting to skip stones though the choppy water made it hard to get the stones to jump. 
The sea always brings in something new and today there were a number of totally clear jellyfish. Looking them up in my book I think they are dead moon jellyfish which usually have 4 lilac circles in the middle. I put one in a pool and it became almost invisible in the water.
We sat up on the cliff and enjoyed  listening to the crash of the waves while the sun provided some welcome warmth. It is generally seems sunnier down at the coast while inland the clouds gather gloomily.
Looking across to Woolacombe there was a lot of sea spray being blown onto the beach. There were many hopeful surfers out in the water but the best sets were coming in where we sat. Anyone trying to surf there would end up being washed onto the rocks.
We got home in plenty of time for Peter to go out rowing while I finished the tool clearing. At Last! I have to admit to one small box which will have to be labelled 'Really Random Stuff' but I am so relieved to have finished that job as the back room has been bugging me for years. Not only did we have our own tools but more stuff from Peter's dad who used to be a builder and stuff from my mother who was a sculptor. Now everything is in a labelled box and if it isn't there we don't have it any more. Next job -the conservatory.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi nice pictures ,just bought a small woodland 4 miles N/east of Barnstaple and was looking for things in the area and came across your Ramblings ...Les