Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 November 2012

Rainy.

It was cold this morning but not as bitterly cold as yesterday which had been a bit of a shock to the system. As I drove to work the first streaks of sunrise lit up the sky. It's been a while since I used the manual settings on my camera and the cold was numbing my brain and fingers so it took a number of tries before my photo looked like the reality. And as fast as I found the right exposure time the day was getting lighter and I had to adjust the settings once more.
It rained during the day which was not fantastic but bearable. I was just congratulating myself on having a good day; good rehearsal of the Christmas play, choreography sorted for the second dance, lovely creative work done for a big display, children safely home and classroom tidied up when disaster struck. I was happily cutting out some of the children's pen sketches of bugs when I bit down on a piece of chewing gum and half my tooth fell off! That was not good. There was still time to get to the dentists' where I was able to make an appointment for Monday. I asked if I could wait and see any of the dentists to have a temporary fix so that nothing worse happened over the weekend and after a little wait I saw my regular dentist. Unfortunately it was the doomed tooth that had broken so she put on a permanent temporary filling? and said that when that eventually gives way it will be time to pull the tooth out. I'm not at all worried about actually having the tooth out but it is the £2,000 + it is going to cost for an implant that is painful. Never mind, at least I don't have to pay for any medical treatment and I've certainly had my money's worth in that department.

No comments: