Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 December 2012

Cold.

Look what the cat brought in! I meanly took it off the cat, completed the dispatch with a handy golf club and we had it as a starter at dinner time. It was only a small trout but tasted nice baked with a few herbs. I did wonder if I should have put it back in the stream but then it would have been fished from the lake by my neighbour at some later date.
This being Advent I will try and focus on the good points in each day. Because I know that I have a tendency to grumble. So I can say I was truly grateful that being a Saturday we could both sleep in for as long as we needed. And when I got up it was to find the sun shining which always makes me feel cheerful. (It rained and got a lot colder in the afternoon.) 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Yesterday I was thankful for my opportunity to go to a "cookie walk" that supports the high school my youngest grandson attends.

Harriet said...

Ruta....I am going to make you my advent caldendar hope you don't mind. Today, although gloomy, I am thankful for the rain that is gently falling. Michigan can say it is in drought.