Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 December 2012

Showers.

I managed to get an early appointment this morning with the dentist as my toothache (gum/jaw-ache?)  had worsened since the tooth was removed. As I suspected I have an infection due to a 'dry socket' (no blood clot) which was probably prevented from forming by my other medication. She gave me a prescription for antibiotics and this time I got charged a small amount because I hadn't had to pay for the last 2 visits. I did a bit of shopping afterwards and sent off the last of my Christmas post. There are still 8 days to go but one parcel might not make it in time. Luckily it's not actually a Christmas present, just a few treats.
The day has been mainly dry. Sunny one moment and black clouds the next with a few showers. I spent the rest of my day shovelling gravel from the stream. I'm not surprised Patch has been catching trout. I saw several and heard more making their way upstream. As far as I can tell they are not spawning so I don't know why they are trying to get up the dangerous shallows. At least with all my digging the stream is a bit deeper.
I'm not sure if these sheep were making a bid for freedom or simply looking for tasty morsels.

No comments: