Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Cold.

It was just as frosty again this morning. I didn't do much outside, just moved the wooden table from the patio up the drive to the shelter by the scree garden. It is very heavy but if I turn it on its side I can just about roll it up the hill. I kept an eye out for cars on the road and was relieved to see 4 cars driving down so I knew I would have no problems getting out to work. This evening I've left the micra up at the top as it's still cold, there was snow on Dartmoor today, and I don't like to take chances. The weather is set to change on Friday, wilder and wetter due to a low pressure area that reaches right across the Atlantic to N. America.
I love my afternoons down in Reception with the little children. Today they were writing their names on gift tags and I was making notes on how well they could write their name and if they could hold a pencil correctly. We had staff meetings at lunch-time and after school, there is so much still to finalise about all the Christmas activities and planning has already started for next term. After work I drove across town so that I could go and get our tickets for The Hobbit. It opens today but already the best seats for both the Saturday and Sunday afternoons had sold out (we don't fancy driving home late at night). But it is worth waiting  another week so that we can sit in the comfort of the best seats which are more like arm chairs with a gangway in front of you so there is plenty of room to stretch out and you don't get people trying to climb over you. We are very lucky in that although our cinema has been converted to a multi-screen cinema the main screen is in the original auditorium and is a decent size. Also the sound system is very good.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like your frosty leave picture!