Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 December 2012

Showers.



It's a good thing that Romas isn't coming down to visit us as both the main train line and the branch line are closed due to flooding. It hasn't been too bad here today. I've done a final clean up and everything is ready for Christmas. Not only will it be the first time without any of the boys it will be the first time with just the 2 of us. We will still have our traditional Christmas Eve meal though not the 12 dishes that we usually have. Smoked salmon to start and spiced herrings and salads for the main course. Then we'll be off to the local village church for the Midnight Service.

I walked over to our neighbours' to deliver a present for Jack, a book of 200 printed paper aeroplanes to make and a card. I stayed for a while, after all who can resist the offer of a glass of Bailey's (the only alcohol I drink). They have 2 tabby kittens that are just so cute and then I had to inspect the Christmas tree decorated by Jack. Sarah said there are a couple of Red Deer stags in the valley so I shall keep my eyes open for them. We're not having a Christmas tree this year but I have put up a few decorations just to make things look a bit festive. Usually I got to town with tinsel, lights and decorations in abundance but this year I thought I would go for a more subtle look. (Less to clear up at the end of the holiday.) I'm still deciding if the glass drops and silver decorations hanging from the beam across the open fireplace should stay or not. One of my favourite Christmas ideas is a wooden bowl filled with satsumas and gold covered chocolate coins and I shall do that for when our friends come to stay. 

No comments: