Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 December 2012

Sunny.

Although he has told me enough times that he doesn't look at my blog it didn't take Linas long to email me asking why there was no mention of his birthday yesterday. I had sent him a card and a token present, Bank of Mum having been emptied earlier, but when it came to the day it did slip my mind until late at night. Blame it on tiredness and this dratted cold. I would have had a reminder from Facebook but he likes to keep himself private and refuses my 'friend' requests.
At the Valley of the Rocks in the summer. Random person in the background.
Having moved to Belfast at the end of the summer Linas now has a job and somewhere to stay though he plans to upgrade both as soon as possible. Having any sort of employment is an achievement these days even with an IT degree. Recession sucks.
 With Shasleigh who came over for a visit from her home in Belfast.
Peter was out rowing again this afternoon and stayed on to help with the junior crews. The club keeps on growing. People tend to think it is an elitist sport but apart from a very reasonable yearly membership your only outlay is to buy the club clothing which is entirely optional. If you want to race there is the cost of going to regattas but you can also be a social rower which is my plan when I'm fitter. My afternoon was spent out in the garden working on the path around the pond. Only a quarter of the circular path left to do, hopefully tomorrow. Supper tonight is salmon en croute, Co-op reductions again. My lunch was a bagel with 2 kinds of houmos which, you've guessed right, were also from the reduced section.

No comments: