Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 December 2012

Wet & Grey.

It's been a miserable grey day with constant drizzle that is forecast to turn into heavy rain. This morning I went into town to do a few jobs and check out the sales.I din't find much but at least I had a look. In the days when I had 9 youngsters to buy birthday and Christmas presents for it was worth buying things during the sales (as long as I could then remember where I had put them). I've still got cards and wrapping paper bought last year and I certainly don't need any more Christmas decorations. I had hoped to change my books at the library but it was closed. The only things I bought for myself were a pocket diary to record my daily photos and a soft zip-up hoody from a charity shop. But I do like to check out the sales at least once just in case there are any bargains.
In the end I thought the decorations on the fireplace beam looked silly so I hung them on a few branches cut from the garden. Here Speedy is doing his best to knock a glass bauble onto the floor.
As it is such a drab day I thought I'd post another photo from yesterday.

No comments: