Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Hail.

I wasn't so keen to leap out of bed this morning as it felt a bit chilly. We had a thunderstorm yesterday evening which resulted in a brief power cut and I forgot to rest the central heating timer. So no burst of warmth at 5.00 am. But I did have a constructive morning and flew through my list of jobs. It's silly but I get a lot of satisfaction when I can cross each job off the list. It was a cold morning with frequent hail showers interspersed with bright sunshine.
My tooth has continued to ache so the doomed tooth will have to go. I had hoped that it would settle down but no such luck. Before starting work at lunchtime I drove over to the dentists to cancel my January appointment but got there 5 mins after they had closed for lunch. Driving back across the river a rainbow began to appear and naughtily I took some pictures while waiting at the traffic lights.
 The lights were just changing when I got the whole arc in.
And for once I didn't mind being stuck at the next set of lights.
I had a fun afternoon teaching an extended drumming lesson. I had been asked to do some outdoor PE as well but I thought the rain and hail were sufficient excuse to pass on that one. After work I helped one of the teachers put up a display of rainforest art work in the main corridor and it's looking pretty good. We worked until 5.00 and then I drove across town again to the dentists. I got stuck in dreadful traffic but it made me appreciate the fact that usually I only have to drive through a few residential streets before I am out on the country roads. And I was even happier to think that we had left the horrendous city traffic behind when we moved out of London. When I got to the dentists my mood improved even more as they were happy to refund the deposit I had paid. There was a notice on the wall asking people to give 24 hours notice if they had to cancel so I think it's only if you don't that they hang onto your deposit. But that was a relief anyway. 

2 comments:

happyone said...

It is a good feeling to cross things off a to do list!!

The red berries are so pretty and the rainbow is lovely!!

Harriet said...

I, too, make lists and cross each "job" done...I like the feeling of accomplishment. I thank you for the rainbow so lovely. Today I truly appreciate the sun as yesterday was gloomy.