Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Wild.

It's been a day of heavy showers so it was nice to sit at the PC listening to the wind howling in the trees. Apart from checking how everyone is I do enjoy doing on-line jigsaw puzzles. Peter always used to buy me a jigsaw for Christmas but it is so much more convenient to have the pieces up on the screen where I can enlarge them to suit my eyes and you don't loses any pieces. During a break in the weather I drove the rubbish up to the road for collection tomorrow morning. I only hope the bags don't blow off down the road but if I put them around the corner the dustmen don't always collect them. Peter and I made an attempt to put up our new tent in the sitting room to familiarise ourselves with it and also to give the top an extra spray with waterproofer. I say attempt because it has a combination of fibreglass poles and metal poles which provide stability across the tent but the lengthwise stability is mainly provided by the guy ropes which obviously we couldn't secure indoors. So the tent kept concertinaing flat and falling down. We'll wait for a dry spell (if one ever happens) and put it up in the garden to give it a good airing as well as spraying it. The tent is a bit awkward to fold up but I wanted one where the groundsheet is sewn in as our other tent which had a separate ground sheet got rather draughty with the wind whistling in all around the edges. Also we needed a tent that you can stand up in as Peter's knees didn't cope with crawling around in a lower tent. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I got a jigsaw puzzle for Christmas that I'm doing now! : )
I do them on line too.
Happy Boxing Day to you too.