Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 December 2012

Cold.

Christmas is definitely approaching.  Whatever I'm doing 'Tinsel and Tea-towels', one of the songs from the Christmas play, fills my head. I offered to share it with Peter but he stopped me after the first line. I wonder why? Time to sort out the cards and work on my Christmas letter.
Peter was at the boat shed at 7.30 this morning for an  early morning row. (Yes it was dark at that time!)  This did mean that once he had returned home and warmed up we were able to go out for a walk on the beach. 
It was low tide so we were able to explore the rock pools. There were a lot of the snakes locks anemones and a few dahlia anemones in the crystal clear pools.
 A flock of oyster catchers were paddling about at the edge of the sea foraging for shellfish in the sand.
There is something so very peaceful in walking in the fresh air with vast stretches of clean sand in front of you  accompanied by the muted roaring of the sea. We had a lovely refreshing walk and had our coffee sitting up on the cliff before the rain set in. 

No comments: