Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Overcast.

It is still warm and I ended up driving home from school with my car window open though that was more to clear the moisture off the insides of the windows.
My music (drumming) lesson was being observed by the Head Teacher in the afternoon so I spent the morning double checking my plan and resources and pottering around in the kitchen. I'm the sort of person who goes all jittery when being watched (I hated playing the piano in public) but I think the lesson went well. The Head Teacher had to leave before the end and I haven't had any feedback yet but I'm hoping that she thought it was a good lesson. It's the time of year when lots of exciting things are happening and the usual routine flies out of the window. So the children were quite hyper to start but I think I got them to a reasonable level of focus and I was able to follow my plan without too many interruptions. We did our usual drumming activities including drumming to some Zulu music then I introduced the concept of counting a pause and playing different parts and then eventually adding chanting voices. This was to We Will Rock You by Queen. I had downloaded a backing track and written some simple words about being happy drummers which I thought more appropriate for 6 year olds. I was so glad that I had taken the precaution of emailing the download to myself as well as putting it on a pen drive because when I tried the pen drive on the class lap top it wouldn't read so I used the emailed version instead. My Head Teacher wasn't in the class for that bit but it made it much more exciting for the children and that was important to me. Drumming is now finished and next term I'll be teaching art, another favourite of mine.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Cute picture of the snowmen! : )