Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 December 2012

Gales.

The weather closed in this morning before we could stir ourselves and get out for a walk. I've just pottered around the house, doing a little tidying up. In between rain showers I went and did some work outside. Mainly digging gravel from the stream and dumping it up on the drive at the spot where groundwater is making a bit of a channel. My wood and mud dams are working well up on the road but there is nothing we can do about the water that seeps out of the ground lower down. While I was a digging in the stream I had a chat with my neighbour, mostly about eating too many chocolates and needing to loose some weight. So it's been another quiet day down here in our valley.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We have sun today but oh the wind!!!