Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 December 2012

Warmer.


It has warmed up in the last few days so when Peter went off early for a morning row I got up, started pottering about in the kitchen and then decided to do some outdoor work. I spent couple of hours digging gravel and stones out of the stream and dumping them on the soft places in the yard where we park the cars. It was more effective than any work-out at the gym, got a good part of the yard sorted and cleared up as well as clearing the stream. And I didn't have to pay for a delivery of gravel. I was just putting my spade away when the rain started in earnest but I felt I had done a decent amount of work.
Just had to interrupt my blogging to rescue yet another trout from the cat. This is the third one that Patch has caught and brought into the conservatory. I had felt so guilty at killing and eating what was a very small trout that I now get them back into the stream as quickly as possible. This one didn't look so lively and lay on its back washed up against a rock for quite a while, then with a little assistance from me was washed down the stream on its side. It was beginning to make some swimming movements so maybe it will survive. Once they leave the lake the stream is only a few inches deep so no wonder that greedy Patch is able to catch them. Maybe next year they will have grown to a decent size in which case they will end up in the oven.

1 comment:

happyone said...

It has warmed up once again in my neck of the woods too.

Patch is quite the fisherman!! : )