Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 December 2012

Rain.

It been very wet and consequentially a bit warmer today. The only time my class got outside was for morning playtime. They also had to spend time in the hall as seating arrangements were sorted out for the Reception class' Nativity and later to practise the carols. Most of my morning was spent writing instructions with those children that didn't do it yesterday. Friday afternoons there are no teaching assistants in the Year 1 & 2 classes so when one of my boys, who supposedly had been playing, sorry - participating in outdoor learning activities, in the covered area, managed to fall in a puddle and soak his trousers up to the knee I wasn't able to leave the class. He naturally did not have his PE kit in school so I sent him with another child and a note to the school secretary who found him a spare pair of trousers. Trouble was he didn't want to wear them. He put on the dry trousers but then  cried and pointing to his wet trousers which I hung from one of the many washing lines that criss-cross every classroom (to display work), could only say "I want those ones". The dry ones felt different and were grey rather than black. All this while I was still trying to assess children as they wrote. Luckily I was able to get him laughing as I deliberately misunderstood the instructions the children were writing and once they had dried off a bit he got his own special trousers back. After a slightly hectic afternoon things calmed down as the children sat in a circle to receive Christmas cards from the class post box. A bit of time to tidy up and then down to the Co-op for yet more bargains. Our big chest freezer is nearly filled right up but with friends coming to stay in the New Year we need plenty of supplies.

No comments: