Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 December 2012

Mainly Dry.


There was a lot of water on the road this morning but the ground temperature was above freezing so there wasn't any ice. Peter gave me a lift up the hill which I appreciated as the wind was bitter. It wasn't too bad during the day though it started to get chilly in the afternoon. There is a lot of talk about very cold weather next week, the coldest for 20 years so they say in the papers. In that case we might switch our heating on for more than an hour in the morning and evening.
This is the rainforest art work that the Year 1 class have done. They have also made clay and junk model animals which will go on a table at the front once they are all painted.
We have spent the day singing, dancing and working on various art projects. Costumes are all made/sorted thanks to the lovely Teaching Assistants in the class today and hopefully all should go well for the dress rehearsal and then the 3 performances next week. I won't be in school for any of those but I have seen it several times in rehearsal. I plan to spend the week-end nursing my streaming cold and not thinking about having my tooth out on Monday.

1 comment:

Liz in PA said...

11Oh my I think your art students are very talented in making the hanging vines and greenery!
You exhaust me with all your busy crafts and singing and dance recitles with your students!
You are a wonderful teacher and it shows how much patience you have with the various classes you teach!

Have a wonderful Holiday!