Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 December 2012

Dry.


I was teaching all day so it was an early start for me this morning. It was cold but the road was dry which gave me a safe journey in to work. 
Today the children were writing instructions for making cornflakes cakes ( which they had made earlier in the week) but as this was the final piece for a block of work they had to write independently and we could only remind them about sentence structure and strategies for spelling. This is to give a clear picture of what the children have learned and of course we did lots of talking first. I worked with the children who are only just writing and it really was like pulling teeth! But it has to be done. After school I stayed and gave all their delicate painted clay animals a coat of glue to 'varnish' them. No matter how careful I was the odd leg or wing still fell off so I must remember to take some superglue in with me tomorrow. I finished at just the right time to sweep up some good bargains at the Co-op including a whole fresh chicken, smoked salmon, mushrooms and a pork joint. Perfect for the holidays.

No comments: