Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 21 December 2012

Mild.

 And we are still here!
Woke up this morning to find Peter still at home. Why haven't you gone to work? ..... 'Cos it's Saturday!!? He had me fooled for a moment but actually although he used up all his holiday days after I had my operations he was given the day off so he doesn't have to go back to work until after the New Year. Today is Factory Friday when traditionally all the local factories shut at noon as a start to the Christmas holiday. Nowadays the number of factories have greatly decreased but the tradition carries on. From lunchtime the pubs and clubs in town are filled with happy folk partying. I had a peaceful day at home. It was good that I started by clearing the silt (from the last big flood), from the path by the bog garden as my knee has now stiffened up after last night's dancing. But I have made a big pot of Boef Bourginion which is simmering gently on the stove. That will be frozen in 2 portions one of which will be for our Christmas dinner.
Peter went rowing in the afternoon and came home with lots of mincemeat from his favourite butcher. Most has gone in the freezer and tomorrow I'll use up the rest.
The latest news on Vytas and Sally is that they are on a cattle farm/station? for a month and will be mending fences and herding cattle on horseback. So I guess they will be having a genuine Australian Christmas.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sound like a great way to start the holiday.

Love the window photo!!