Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 December 2012

Windy.

Good things about today - getting a proper night's sleep so that I was able to wake up and drink my tea before it got cold. (Peter makes me a cup every morning, bless him.) I was even downstairs tidying the kitchen before Peter came down to make his lunch. Then I popped back to bed with a cup of coffee for a while before getting up. I love being in bed when the wind is roaring outside. And I still managed be up and  cross a couple of jobs off my list before 8.00!
Mid-day I had to go into town to do some jobs. Behind me the sun was shining while the clouds loomed ahead. But it didn't rain until I got home again, so that's another good thing.
Now I did say I wouldn't grumble but honestly! No sooner had I made an appointment, for the beginning of January, for a second opinion from my old dentist and paid a hefty 50% non-refundable deposit than my tooth started to ache. That was literally within half an hour. If it doesn't settle down by the end of the week I'll have to have it pulled out anyway. The only positive angle I can see is that maybe it indicates that the tooth is in a bad way and is unsalvageable and so I'll save the other half of the fee if I cancel. And another good thing is that I do have plenty of strong painkillers should the tooth-ache gets worse.
I also saw my doctor and this time insisted that he send me for an MRI scan as the consultant had said. He still went on about the 'radiation' risk - duh magnetic resonance is not radiation and even the NHS site says it is one of the safest procedures, but I assured him that not being able to sit or lie down without some level of pain was not an option I wanted to put up with for the rest of my life even if it does mean more back surgery. (His reluctance is probably more to do with the fact that the surgery has to pay for tests out of the enormous amount of money they are allocated.)

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Today, I am glad you have pain pills in case your tooth ache gets bad. Love your Christmas ornaments yesterday and todays pics are lovely. Those puddle of water would be much appreciated in my yard.

happyone said...

How nice that Peter brings you tea each morninig. : )
Ken gets my snack at night for me. It's the little things isn't it!!