Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 November 2012

Wet.

Yesterday evening with the rain set to get heavier again I went out in the dark to reinforce my defences against the water that flows down the road. I dragged out the old diving board (from the days when the scree garden was a swimming pool), and laid it right across the road filling the gaps with clay soil. That's not something that can stay there permanently but it saved the drive from being washed away by last night's torrential rain. Today the weather has varied from light rain to medium rain to heavy rain. Not a day to spend much time outside. Peter got a call asking if he wanted to row again today, funny how they get many people didn't want to go out on a day like this, so of course off he went. Once more I've spent my day pottering in the kitchen and making a chicken curry for when Peter gets home. 

No comments: