Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 November 2012

Soft Rain.

It's been raining softly but continuously  all day long so as a consequence there is a lot of water on the roads. I had to go into town so on my way I gave my car a 'Devon Car Wash' (driving fast through the less muddy puddles to try and wash off some of the mud) a few times. On the way out the road had flooded right across by the Lewis' so I drove very slowly through the flood having twice drowned my car near that same spot and had to be hauled out by a tractor.
I had a list of places to go to this morning, the dentist's for a check up, the dump to get rid of the last bits of metal, the college to see if they had any bags of wood shavings (which they didn't) and the Post Office. I thought I was doing quite well at the dentist's, a couple of sensitive spots where I have some bone loss round the teeth but nothing else even when the dentist tapped my teeth. 'Great', I thought that's it for another 6 months but that wasn't the end. She showed me my x-rays and pointed out some decay right down in the root of one of the few teeth I have that isn't filled or crowned. Unfortunately because it is at the side of the root it isn't suitable for a root canal filling and she was pretty sure any attempt to work on the tooth would result in it having to be pulled out! 'And then what?' I asked. My choices would be to pay more than £2,000 for an implant or have a bridge clamped to the neighbouring teeth on the NHS. As I have no pain at all with that tooth (cause it hasn't reached the nerve) I asked what would happen if I left it. She said it would get worse but it would not affect the other teeth or the jaw so I'm going to leave it until it becomes a problem. By which time I might have reconciled myself to spending that much money. All I can say is thank goodness we don't have to pay for medical treatment. Back home I spent the rest of the afternoon going through my cds and writing up plans for African Drumming lessons which I have never taught before.

No comments: