Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Overcast.

Another busy day. Before my morning appointment at the doctors I made a batch of flapjacks and some phone calls one of which was to arrange a check up at the dentists. Normally you have to wait weeks to see the dentist but this time, unfortunately, I was offered an appointment next Monday. Oh well I suppose it's better to get it done sooner rather than later. After the doctors I got rid of more stuff at the dump then went into Tescos for a new microwave. After an unfortunate popcorn incident the old one needed replacing, it was also a bit rusty inside where the paint was flaking off. I only wanted the very basic model so with my £31 worth of vouchers it cost me £4. Our last one was also a basic model from Tescos but now they are making them that bit smaller. It's like the sneaky reduction in package sizes that manufacturers make to increase their profits. All the cheaper microwaves were the same capacity but annoyingly it's too small for the two plastic bread boxes we normally keep in the microwave.
Then it was rush rush to school for an afternoon with the youngest children. Some of them are so small and they seem very young. Our task for the afternoon was to print Christmas cards using potatoes cut into shapes. It got a bit messy when someone decided to cover the whole of the potatoes in paint! I stayed on at school for nearly an hour making a giant poppy from the cut out hands the Year 2 children had made. They had written messages on these hands and some of them were very touching especially those written by the children of serving soldiers whose fathers are regularly sent to Afghanistan. Children from Year 2 will be attending the Remembrance Day service at the local war memorial.
Vytas' and Sally's new home is in the Toowong district of Brisbane.

No comments: