Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Mild.

The day started windy and mild so I gave the place a good airing by opening all the doors and windows. It's difficult to notice any difference with the new insulation because it has been so warm but this evening the bedrooms didn't have that cold clammy feel when I came home from work. My morning was spent hoovering the whole house and continuing with the tidying. At least with only two of us at home things stay tidy without any projects being left spread out on the oh so handy cleared surfaces. Not to mention items that  will be needed soon/ this week/ sometime. And then the wails of horror when said items were put away by the house slave. Naturally any 'lost' items were missing because Mum had moved them. I am so in awe of anyone who can keep their home tidy while living with youngsters. I never did.
The rain had set in by lunchtime and there were the usual streams running down the sides of the country roads but it held off enough for us to have a dry playtime at school. Today I taught the Year 2 class, phonics, PE and drumming. The drumming sessions are going well with the children enjoying drumming to traditional Zulu music. (My brief was African drumming and I happen to have a cd of Zulu music.) Tomorrow I'm with the little children.

1 comment:

happyone said...

One rose - simple beauty!!