Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 November 2012

More Hail.

Yet more wintry showers with lots of hail. My day was brightened up by a phone call from Vytas. He had arrived in Australia and was calling from the warmth of Brisbane. It was lovely to speak to him and to know that he had arrived safely, Us mums do worry even when they are all grown up. Peter was out rowing on the river at 7.30, he must be mad. The he had to go back into town to get a new graphics card as his had been fried by one of the recent thunderstorms. We do have surge protection but it doesn't always work. I got him to collect my new fleece from Next while he was in town as that will save me a journey next week. While he was out I made a warming cheese/cabbage/potato casserole with some sausage in as well and I got a spiced fruit loaf going in the bread-maker. The rest of my time has been spent doing housework and watching the hail through the window.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Wow that's some heavy rain!!
Happy to hear Vytas as arrived safely. : )

Harriet said...

I look forward to hearing about Vytas. I am glad he arrived safely, and I know he will enjoy the warm days and sunshine. Your photo of the hail...wow. Tonight in Michigan we are expecting a freeze. I don't think enough to cover my rose or hydranga. I have not spread the chopped leaves on my flower beds -- another job to complete soon. If I spread them too soon, squirrels dig through them and make a big mess.