Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 24 November 2012

Wet.

Oh the joy of a lovely warm house. Even with the boiler turned right down the place is as warm as toast. With the constant rain it has been no hardship to spend the day indoors. I finally finished sewing new soles to my favourite sheepskin boot-slippers. Last year I used carpet pieces but the drawbacks were that I couldn't pop outside in them and the wool I used eventually frayed. This time I used nylon fishing line to stitch on soles from a pair of slippers from the pound shop. I know it sounds crazy but those slippers are just so cosy. The rest of my day was spent tidying,ironing and cooking dinner, pork in beans with baked potatoes, a good hearty meal for Peter who has returned rather wet from rowing.

No comments: