Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Mild.

The morning was dry and mild so I couldn't resist doing some gardening as well as giving my poor muddy car another wash. It's high time I cut back all the flowering sedum stalks as the leaves are starting to fall and they turn to a revolting mush in an instant. I even managed anther hour after work before it got too dark. Things were a bit hectic at school as my plans were changed at the last moment. I didn't mind but it meant that the children only had time for a brief introduction to drumming before they went into the hall to watch some students from the college perform short pantomime type plays. The end result was that the children got overexcited and I had to be rather strict with them.
I don't know if it is just my imagination but the autumn leaves seem brighter this year. Apart from ornamental garden trees we don't have red leaves around but the beech trees in particular have moved from gold through to orange rather than the usual drab brown.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I too think that autumn is brighter over here too!!