Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 15 November 2012

Overcast.

It was a quite damp and misty morning so I decided to stay indoors, tidying up the kitchen. The place is beginning to look pleasantly bare as more and more things are put away or got rid of. That is of course relatively speaking. I don't think I would ever achieve any sort of minimalist look but I am quite happy to strive for a modicum of tidiness. It was a losing battle when the boys lived here so I simply picked up the worst of the mess and hid things behind closed doors if we had visitors.
School was fun with my other Year 2 class having their first drum lesson. The drums were a double edged sword as some children got overexcited by the sight of 10  djembe drums in the class. Little hands kept reaching for the drums with many none too surreptitious thumps but then there was the threat of not being allowed to play the drums if they misbehaved. With 30 children in the class I was able to keep swapping the groups over so they had plenty of hands-on fun. 
After school I made yet another visit to the Post Office, finally got a couple of bags of wood shavings from the college and did some shopping at the Co-Op before driving home in the dark.

1 comment:

happyone said...

It's nice to have some stuff around the house. Makes for a cozy warm feeling.
Pretty picture.