Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 17 November 2012

Some Sun.

There was a little more sun today but it was a bit colder than yesterday. I had a long session gardening on my hands and knees clearing moss and weeds from the scree garden. I like moss but left to grow it spoils the beauty of the stones. Sometimes the moss came away easily, unravelling like a piece of knitting but at other time I had to pick it off piece by piece. I consoled myself by thinking that each little piece removed was that bit less to grow through our damp winter. 
As well as leaves in autumnal shades brightening up the garden there are still a number of roses on most of the climbers, a handful of geranium flowers and the pink and red garden lilies are still in full bloom. So when the sun shines briefly into the garden it is quite a cheery place. But for most of the time the sun hits the tops of the hills and our valley stays sadly in the shade.
I've noticed recently that the cats are becoming more and more like children in that they constantly beg to sit on my lap. It is quite comical when I sit at the PC and they vie with one another to see who gets the favoured spot. I have learned that it is not a good idea to let 2 of them sit on my lap together as when one inevitably falls off I risk getting raked by falling claws. Out in the garden Speedy kept begging for a cuddle but I was determined to keep on with my gardening. When leaping up onto my shoulders resulted in me shrugging him off, twice, he went and sat on a chair and wailed most piteously. He finally got the message and when I came back indoors he had found himself a spot right on the Rayburn (which is always warm). I just had to sneak some photos before chasing him off because that is the food side and cats are NOT allowed. I'm surprised he didn't burn his ear because the although the hot plate is under the silver covers the whole of the top is usually too hot to touch. That's another reason why I dislike the Rayburn as any spills get baked on, you can't use a wire scourer on the enamel surface and I find it impossible to keep clean.

No comments: