Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 November 2012

Hail & Thunder.

The wintry showers continue. I was woken in the night by intense hail showers crashing down on the conservatory roof. This morning, every time I put on my coat and boots to walk up the hill to collect my car the sky would darken and down would come more hail and rain. I'd taken the car up the hill to clear the yard yesterday so that if the men drove their van down they would have plenty of room to turn around but in the end they didn't anyway.
This afternoon a chap came from the electricity company to change our meter to a new 'smart meter' which would send readings directly to the company. It also shows how much you are spending which I thought would be rather useful. I did point out that we have limited phone coverage here in our valley and sure enough today the man couldn't change the meter because there is no Vodaphone coverage. In 6 months they will have multi-network meters so we will have to wait until then as we can connect to 2 other networks.
Update on Vytas.
Vytas got in touch with me via Facebook this afternoon. He's now in Kuala Lumpur airport having flown the first leg of his journey last night. He's had a meal and a shower (we checked that out while he was here), and was settling down to get some sleep.

No comments: